dimanche 5 février 2012

Dear LIB readers: Do girls hate stammerers?

A male LIB reader (not him above) needs your advice. See his e-mail below...
Dear Linda,
I read your blog everyday like it's the scriptures. Now I need  your help. I have a question for your readers. I'll be grateful if you can put it up in your blog.
I am 29 years old and I'm well educated. I'm quite good-looking, of average height, very smart and financially successful. In my final year in College in California, I was among the earliest employees to join a Silicon-valley startup that eventually got sold to Microsoft in 2009. I earned a few millions of dollars for my little stake in the company. I just bought my own house in Lekki, and I drive a decent SUV. I'm moderately comfortable, but I think I might be one of the most unhappy people around. 
Awww, he reads my blog like it's the scriptures...that just made my day :-). But he needs your advice, so please continue reading...:-)
I moved back to Lagos two months ago in order to reunite with my family and try my hands in setting up a beverage company. When I came back in November, I started attending this church in my area. That's where I met this girl. Her name is Amaka- I know this because the pastor called her up to the pulpit last week to make an announcement in church. Linda, I'm crazy about this girl. Our eyes have met several times in church. Two weeks ago she even smiled and said 'hi' to me. I'm familiar with the signs and I know she likes me, but I'm scared to approach her. And it's not because I'm a wuss.

It's because I'm a very, very severe stammerer- the worst kind you'll find. It's really bad. I'm the kind of stammerer that when you hear me talk, you'll probably get irritated because it takes me so much time to say very basic things. Because of that, I don't really talk much- I just listen. I have lots of male friends who I've grown up with who understand my situation, and my former colleagues were very understanding and accommodating. Even my professors and classmates at school understood my situation.

I'm scared about approaching this girl because I fear that if I approach her and start stammering before her like a bitch, she might just laugh at me, or even get nauseated. What should I do? I screwed up a lot of opportunities with girls who seemed to like me in school simply because I did not approach them since I was scared of my stuttering problem. I've grown up having a lot of close male friends and buddies, but virtually no female friends because of this issue. I don't want to screw up this opportunity with this girl. What do I do? Should I just go to her, stammer like a mad man and make a fool of myself? Do you think she'll judge me because of this? Do girls hate stammerers?

Thanks.
M.
Do girls hate stammerers with millions of dollars? I don't think so...lol! But seriously, what's your advice to him?
BTW, I have his contacts, if any girl out there is interested. (In case it doesn't work out with Amaka) *cough*

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire